Cook Fresh * Buy Local* Teen Locavore Recipe Contest
High schoolers all over the Metro South MA region were invited to submit their recipe focused on locally grown ingredients. *
First Place Winner Henry Donovan from Bridgewater Raynham Regional High will
- Participate with Chef Rosa in a filmed cooking segment at her kitchen. Finished film will be shown on local cable and promoted through the BuzzAround e-newsletters ( 17,000 subscribers.)
- Henry’s recipe and story will be published in edible Southeastern MA magazine.
- Henry will receive a chefs gift basket full of goodies.
- And a $30 gift certificate to a local farm stand
Second Place Winner Catherine Bloodsworth from Plouffe Middle School, Brockton will have a vegan version of her recipe GRANO’S PASTA ESTATA – featured on the menu for a week at Cabo Vegan, Brockton. and will receive a $30 gift certificate to a local farm stand.
Third Place Winner Kyle Hardie from Oliver Ames High School won a $40 gift certificate to Bridgewater Farm Supply and a $30 gift certificate to a local farm stand.
Contestants entered following the directions below:
- To enter: submit a recipe using the form below.
- Give instructions on how to prepare one dish featuring food that is grown within 75 miles of your home.
- The main ingredients must be local, the spices, oils & enhancements do not.
- Represent! Contestants must be 14 – 18 years old and live in Southeastern Massachusetts. What school do you attend? (Homeschoolers and alternative education please indicate that on your entry.)
- First 10 qualified entries receive a $30 gift certificate to a local farm stand of your choice.
- Entries will be judged by Food Artisan & Educator Chef Rosa Galano of Rosa’s Food Shoppe, South Easton, MA
- Locally grown in defined as food grown within 75 miles of your home… we’re excited to see what you come up with!
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.