Once in a while, we like to profile our small businesses… because the
- Soy burns longer than paraffin – on average 7-8 hours per ounce of soy.
- Soy is sustainable. Unlike paraffin, which is derived from oil, soy is a renewable resource made from the oil of soybeans. The soy used today was likely in the ground less than one year ago and that same field could be growing more soy for the future.
- Soy is better for your health. Soy burns cleaner and produces as much as 90 percent less soot than paraffin, reducing the amount of indoor air pollution produced.
- Soy won’t ruin your walls: The emissions from paraffin candles build up on walls, staining the paint in your home. They also build up in upholstery fabrics and in carpets, affecting the air quality in your home.
- Spilled soy is easier to clean up: Soy is biodegradable, so if it spills on your tablecloth or clothing, just clean with soap and water. (It’s a lot easier to clean up than paraffin!)
Christine and Lynn started working on candles December of 2011 and introduced them to the public in July of 2012. Now they are carried in two East Bridgewater Stores: CN Smith Farm and Lavender Sky Gifts. They travel to craft fairs and their candles make a great fundraising item.