Remembering Victoria is a documentary about the life of Victoria Snelgrove. Victoria was a student at Emerson college who tragically passed shortly after the Red Sox beat the Yankees in 2004 to propel them to the World Series. Haley Diman produced this documentary as part of her documentary film-making class at West Bridgewater Middle Senior High School as a way to remember her cousin.
The Victoria Snelgrove Memorial Fund awards scholarships benefiting East Bridgewater High School, Massachusetts and Emerson College of Boston, students who have the dream of pursuing a career in broadcast journalism, like Torie. Since establishing The Fund in 2005, they have worked hard to fulfill the mission set before them to keep Torie’s spirit alive.
Here is a list of some of the fund projects and disbursements:
- Fund two $500.00 scholarships for East Bridgewater High School seniors annually
- Funded an endowment at Emerson College for students who share Torie’s dream of a career in broadcast journalism
- Funded and helped construct “Torie’s Place”, a playground at the Spring Street School in West Bridgewater
- Funded and helped construct “Torie’s Place Too” a community/school playground at the Gordon Mitchell Middle School in East Bridgewater
- Funded and helped construct “Torie’s Place III” a community playground in North Easton
- Funded and helped construct a 4th playground “Torie’s Place IV” at the Treehouse Village, a community for foster care children in Northampton
- Funded and helped construct a 5th playground at the Brookfield School in Brockton, “Torie’s Place V”
- Donated four (4) leather glider rockers to the NICU at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital
Various donations to individuals to assist them in community endeavors.
For more information about the fund: www.victoriasnelgrove.org
Special thanks to West Bridgewater Community television for sharing Haley’s video.