Rail Road Station

The train station, built in 1914, was on West Union St., and from there, a person could get from East Bridgewater to Whitman or Brockton and all the way into Boston.
EB men left from there to serve in WWI and WWII, as well as commute to work each day. In Sept 1917, the local band, and townspeople met on West Union to send off all those who were drafted. Students were let out of school to participate.
RR Station picture courtesy of Margaret Alexander.
Info & gathering pictures from the EB Sesquicentennial commemorative booklet.
Please follow and like us: