Co-founder, Publisher & Social Entrepreneur Jacquelyn Rose is passionate about bridge-building community empowerment through the sharing of good news.
A creative thinker and analytic imaginer; working collaboratively with businesses, non-profits, staff and readers, she fosters community building initiatives through fruition. Jacquelyn envisions a society where we greet each other with compassion, respect and love; regardless of culture, color or orientation.
35 Years of experience in presentation, workshops, sales and marketing .
The BuzzAround is the product of the lessons learned as an:
- student of human communications
- elder advocate
- therapy participant
- artist & visionary
- sales person
- special needs parent
- state and federal social assistance recipient
- Congregational and Catholic church member
- reiki master
- homeless shelter volunteer
- business association member
- civic committee volunteer
- food pantry client
- student of interfaith leadership
- and as a woman
- Buzz Around, Inc
- Social entrepreneur: Co-Founder, President ~ Building sustainable communities and encouraging an active democracy through the power of sharing positive local news & information. Est. 2009.
- Creates roughly 5,000 posts/ year to promote over 75 civic & community organizations and events.
- Networks with grassroots civic and municipal organizations to source local news.
- Promotes BuzzAround’s Brand: selling advertising: partnering, attending events, developing business partnerships.
- Has grown email subscriber base from 100 to 15,000 in 13 years.
- Works closely with small businesses to create advertising and interactive marketing plans
- Innovative, holistic approach to workplace creating an engaged & supportive remote team.
- Oversees 30 marketing and journalism interns / year through our BuzzAround virtual and hybrid internship program. Has engaged students with varied backgrounds from all over New England; building tailored internships for students from Brown University, Boston College and Stonehill College, as well as more accessible educational programs through Bridgewater State University, UMass Dartmouth and Southern NH.
- Mass Hire YouthWorks Partner ~ trained 16 – 21 year olds in Marketing for a Sustainable Future Workshop Series: * Networking & Communication * The Power of Stories * Impacts of the Digital Age * Your Message: How You Show Up ( includes a section on self care, diet & food purchasing choices) * Buy Local & How You Can Change Your World (Community Action)
- Member: Metro South Chamber of Commerce; Past President, East Bridgewater Business Association
- Express Newspapers, Duxbury MA: Weekly “Around Town” East Bridgewater columnist; contributing writer; Sales Representative : 2006 -2010
- Horsley Witten Group, Inc., Newburyport, MA: Event Promotion & Education Taunton Watershed Management Plan Phase 1 : Assisted Senior Environmental Planner in publicizing & organizing forums to attain feedback on watershed needs for this state funded study and plan process. 2007
- Taunton River Watershed Alliance: Assistant to the Director~ Advocacy and natural science event planning & fundraising in the 42 communities in our watershed. 2002 – 2006
- MA Theology, Concentration in Interfaith Leadership & Communication, Andover Newton Theological School, Newton, MA, 2018
*Focused on the inherent spirituality of all human beings.
*Developed business practices to encourage spiritual understanding in the workplace.
*Studied Adaptive Leadership with Margaret Benefiel, PhD.
*Learned Community Building through Relational Meetings with Rev. Burns Stanfield,
President of the Greater Boston Interfaith Organization
- Reiki Master Certification, 2019: Rev. Sharon Dickenson, MDIV, Reiki Program Coordinator at Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Reiki Practitioner Level II Certification, 2012 & Usui Fire, Level III Certification, 2015: Rachelle Croteau, Reiki Master Teacher
- Special Education Parent Advocate Certification, Federation for Children with Special Needs, Boston MA, 2006
- BA English/ Communication Arts, Concentration in Journalism & Art / Design: Emmanuel College, Boston, MA 1987
The 6th of 9 children of Rose and Ron Buck, she spent formative years in West Newton and North Easton, MA; learning frugality, teamwork and social activism. Her parents were freaking brilliant, opinionated and inventive. Rose, a creative and spiritual first generation Portuguese American Catholic with a nursing & communications degree. Ron, an industrious and adventurous Yankee protestant raised farmer who, through the Navy GI Bill, earned his Masters as a Financial Analyst.
Jacquelyn’s childhood was fueled by the continuous innovative adventure her siblings provided. Taking her mother’s name as a surname is a tribute to the fortitude Rose Freitas Buck exhibited throughout her lifetime. Jacquelyn is grateful to both parents for raising her with feminist attitudes and believing in her.
She is immensely proud of her four grown sons, loves dearly her 2 granddaughters, and enjoys thoroughly her multitude of extended family, spontaneous dancing, gardening and creativity & innovation in many forms. Jacquelyn wakes up each morning to the unbounding love of Lilly the wonderdog.