BuzzAround Co-founder & Publisher Jacquelyn Rose is passionate about bridge-building community empowerment through the sharing of good news.
A creative thinker and analytic imaginer; working collaboratively with businesses, non-profits, staff and readers, she fosters community building initiatives through fruition. Jacquelyn envisions a society where we greet each other with compassion, respect and love; regardless of culture, color or orientation.
35 Years of experience in presentation, workshops, sales and marketing .
- Executive Director for Center Stage, inc. in Easton for 12 years, designing, marketing and selling educational performance based programs For children.
- As a marketing consultant worked with both state and private entities; Taunton River Watershed Alliance, Horsely Witten Environmental Engineers, South Shore Elder Services, Brockton Public Library
- Since 2009, focused intently on Buzz Around, Inc, using email marketing platform to provide positive news stories, promoting non-profits, civic organizations & small businesses, growing it to 15,000 subscribers in the Massachusetts Metro South region.
The BuzzAround is the product of the lessons learned as an:
- elder advocate
- sales person
- special needs parent
- Congregational and Catholic church member
- reiki master
- homeless shelter volunteer
- business association member
- civic committee volunteer
- food pantry client
- therapy participant
- state and federal supported social assistance recipient
- student of interfaith leadership
- and as a woman
- Andover Newton Theological School, Newton, MA: MA of Theology, Interfaith Leadership and Communication Concentration
- Emmanuel College, Boston: BA English/ Communication Arts, Design Concentration
The 6th of 9 children of Rose and Ron Buck, she spent formative years in West Newton and North Easton, MA; learning frugality and social activism. Her parents both freaking brilliant, opinionated and inventive. Rose, a creative and spiritual second generation Portuguese Catholic with a nursing & communications degree. Ron, an industrious and adventurous Yankee protestant raised farmer who, through the Navy GI Bill, earned his Masters as a Financial Analyst.
Jacquelyn’s childhood was fueled by the continuous innovative adventure her siblings provided. Taking her mother’s name as a surname is a tribute to the fortitude Rose Freitas Buck exhibited throughout her lifetime. Jacquelyn is grateful to both parents for raising her with feminist attitudes and believing in her.
She is immensely proud of her four grown sons, loves dearly her 2 granddaughters, and enjoys thoroughly her multitude of extended family, and spontaneous dancing. Jacquelyn wakes up each morning to the unbounding love of Lilly the wonderdog.