The Trinity Episcopal Church was founded in 1747, making it one of the oldest parishes in the Diocese of Massachusetts. The first church was established in 1748, in the vicinity of what is now 529 Main Street in Bridgewater, on land donated by Samuel Edson.
In 1836, the old church was sold for $220 and the cornerstone of the new (2nd) Trinity Church was laid in the area of 507 Main Street, on the opposite side of the burial ground.
Land at the corner of Main Street and Pearl Street was purchased in 1882. The architect for the present church was Stephan Earle of Worcester and the total cost when it was consecrated in 1884 totaled $8,236.12, which was inclusive of land, labor, and furnishings.