“In 1957, the Pleasant Street School was built. The Raynham Junior High was built in 1965 close to the Pleasant Street School. In 1960, Raynham became a member of the Bridgewater Raynham Regional School District, sharing construction costs of a new high school to be built in the neighboring town of Bridgewater.
Dr. E. Joseph LaLiberte became the first full-time school superintendent for Raynham. The name Barbara Sullivan, who was principal of the Pleasant Street School, was synonymous with discipline and a drive for excellence in education. Miss Sullivan retired in 1969. The Pleasant Street School is now known as the Lillie B. Merrill School.”
From: The History of Raynham ~ Patrice White