SEND US YOUR NEWS: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Bridgewater was first settled by Europeans in 1630 as an outgrowth of the Plymouth and Duxbury plantations. On Sachem Rock, the land 7 miles in every direction was purchased from Chief Massasoit and would later become Olde Bridgewater. The East Parish founded in 1723, and officially separated from Bridgewater and incorporated on June 14, 1823.
The town has a total area of 17.5 square miles. East Bridgewater’s town center is located 27 miles southeast of Boston. The township is governed by an open town meeting led by a town administrator and 3 Selectmen. It is represented in the Massachusetts House as a part of the Seventh Plymouth district. On the national level, East Bridgewater is a part of Massachusetts’s 9th congressional district for the House of Representatives. Massachusetts elects two Senators.
East Bridgewater operates its own police fire , Council on Aging and public works departments, has two post offices, one in the center of town and one in Elmwood and a public library. East Bridgewater Public Schools educates grades K-12. East Bridgewater Cable TV provides local video coverage & produces original programming. Town focused charities: East Bridgewater Business Association , EB HUGS,INC BuzzAround e-Newsletter Launched August 2009.
2009 population: 13,969 42° 2′ 0″ N, 70° 57′ 35″ W