Fresh Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 small fresh green pepper, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pasta water (right from the pot of boiled pasta)
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
Begin by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and allow to get hot. Add in washed cherry tomatoes and cook over medium heat until they have seared and have begun to burst. Add in the green pepper, onion and garlic and saute until the liquid from the cherry tomatoes has reduced and most of the liquid is gone. Add in the fire roasted diced tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the basil leaves and season with salt & pepper. Serve over your favorite pasta! Left overs would make a delicious bruschetta topping….just add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the sauce and serve on top of crispy bread.
Asian Sesame Asparagus
3 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic, minced
Sesame seeds (can toast or not)
Place asparagus in a large bowl.
Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over asparagus and toss to coat.
Sprinkle sesame seeds over before serving.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.Dr. Leigh C. Kozak
East Bridgewater, MA